Oahu Attraction: Polynesian Cultural Center
Spend a day learning about marine at Sea Life Park – one of the most popular Oahu Attractions near our Waikiki Hotel.
Look for Oahu Attraction to enjoy during your stay at Ambassador Hotel - A Waikiki Hotel? Spend a day exploring the marine life and beautiful exhibits at Sea Life Park.
Sea Life Park
Location: 41-202 Kalanianaole Highway #7 Waimanalo, HI 96795 USA
Distance from Ambassador Hotel Waikiki Beach: 15 Miles
Sea Life Park is much more than a typical aquarium. Sure, you can see dozens of sharks that are native to Hawaii in the 300,000 gallon tank. You can watch the dolphins and sea lions perform in shows, and see the trainers feed the sea turtles. But, unlike most other aquariums, this Honolulu Attraction allows you to get very hands-on with some of their most popular marine life.
After you’ve spent some time enjoying all the exhibits, you can sign up for an exciting encounter with dolphins, sea lions, sharks or sting rays. Several different encounters are available including the hugely popular dolphin swims. You’ll get right into the pool with these intelligent creatures.
A shallow pool dolphin encounter is a perfect choice for families. A dolphin swim or a double dolphin swim allows you to “ride” the dolphins in an experience you’ll never forget. Wondering what to do in Honolulu that will impress your friends with your courage? Then choose the shark swim! You’ll get right into the tanks with hammerheads and other shark species with only a thin sheet of mesh between you.
Facts about Sea Life Park:
- Sea Life Park is open 365 days a year and has been welcoming visitor since 1964.
- Sea Life Park is Hawaii’s #1 marine park.
- Sea Life Park is more than just a popular Oahu Attraction; the team is also heavily involved in marine life rehabilitation
Tips for visiting the Sea Life Park:
- After a day learning about marine life, you can stay for an oceanfront luau.
- You can receive a discount on tickets for the Luau when booking at least 10 days in advance.
- Special park rates for military, seniors, and kama’aina are available.
- Most attractions and dining options are accessible by guests who use a wheelchair. Wheelchairs can be rented onsite for a small fee or guests are welcome to bring their own.
- The amount of time you’ll need for this Oahu attraction depends on how many of the activities you plan to enjoy. For many visitors this is a full-day or multi-day attraction.
- Transportation to Sea Life Park is available. If you drive yourself, onsite parking is available for $5 per day.
- Lockers are available for a daily fee.
- All interactive programs are very popular, so advance reservations are required to participate.
- Special events take place throughout the year, so be sure to check the calendar to see if any are happening during your stay at our Waikiki Hotel.
View the other sections of our Oahu Visitors Guide for more ideas about how to spend your time during your stay at our Honolulu Hotel!
When you are ready to book your next visit to Oahu, see our latest Special Offers for our Guaranteed Best Rates!
See our Oahu Travel Blog for interesting articles about all there is to do, see and experience during your visit to Oahu.