Oahu Attraction: Polynesian Cultural Center
Learn about Polynesian culture during your stay at our Honolulu Hotel with a visit to this popular Oahu Attraction.
If you only have time to visit one Oahu Attraction, consider spending the day at the Polynesian Cultural Center learning about the rich history of the interesting culture of the Polynesian people.
Polynesian Cultural Center
Location: 55-370 Kamehameha Hwy Laie, Hawaii 96762
Distance from Ambassador Hotel Waikiki Beach: 35 Miles
Located about an hour’s drive from Waikiki, this Oahu Attraction is one of the most popular Oahu Things to Do. Its many activities and shows draw visitors from Ambassador Hotel – A Honolulu Hotel who want to learn more about Polynesian culture and enjoy a taste of authentic Hawaiian food, dance, art and more.
The highlight of a visit to this Oahu Attraction is the authentic Hawaiian luau. Once reserved for royalty, this Oahu Thing to Do will make you feel like a very important guest – and you are! You’ll enjoy a fabulous menu of Hawaiian foods, see authentic Hawaiian dances and much more.
A visit to the Polynesian Cultural Center includes many Activities. Stroll through replicas of villages representing 6 Pacific cultures and chat with people from each. You’ll meet people from Hawaii, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and more. You will also have the chance to participate in games and other exciting activities.
The Polynesian Cultural Center also offers a Circle Island Tour during which you’ll be treated to breathtaking views of Diamond Head, the North Shore, the Hawaiian Temple and other popular Oahu Attractions.
Facts about Polynesian Cultural Center:
- The Polynesian Cultural Center is Hawaii’s #1 paid attraction, and welcomes nearly 1 million visitors per year.
- Trip Advisor named this Oahu attraction one of the “Top 10 U.S. Experiences.”
- The Polynesian Cultural Center encompasses 42 beautiful acres.
- Six Pacific cultures are represented in authentic villages where you’ll visit and learn about music, dance, and more.
Tips for visiting the Polynesian Cultural Center:
- Instead of driving, shuttle service from Waikiki can be booked along with your tickets.
- All major areas of the Polynesian Cultural Center are wheelchair accessible. The canoe tours are also open to visitors who use a wheelchair, but they will be asked to transfer to a seat.
- Foreign language tours are available in Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian, French, and Portuguese.
- Self-service lockers are available for $10 per day or $5 for three hours. If you want a locker, grab one early as only a limited number are available.
- Several shopping opportunities are available including an art gallery and the Hukilau Marketplace.
View the other sections of our Oahu Visitors Guide for more ideas about how to spend your time during your stay at our Honolulu Hotel!
When you are ready to book your next visit to Oahu, see our latest Special Offers for our Guaranteed Best Rates!
See our Oahu Travel Blog for interesting articles about all there is to do, see and experience during your visit to Oahu.