Honolulu Attraction: Japanese Cultural Center
The Japanese Cultural Center is a popular Honolulu Attraction that teaches guests at our Oahu Hotel about the long, rich history of Japanese culture in Hawaii.
Learn about the history of Japanese people in Hawaii with a visit to this interesting Honolulu Attraction.
Japanese Cultural Center
Location: 2454 South Beretania Street Honolulu, HI 96826
Distance from Ambassador Hotel Waikiki Beach: 1.4 Miles
The Japanese Cultural Center is both a Honolulu Attraction and a resource for those who are serious about learning all there is to know about Japanese culture and people in Hawaii. Visitors to Ambassador Hotel – An Oahu Hotel often include this Activity in Honolulu on their itinerary, and it is a good way to learn about the history of Hawaii.
A highlight of this Honolulu Attraction is the Historical Exhibit called Okage Sama De: I am what I am because of you. It tells the stories of the Japanese in Hawaii starting in 1868 when the first wave of immigrants arrived. This fascinating exhibit, which was renovated in 2012, includes artifacts, video and the oral histories of many immigrants.
Also located at the Japanese Cultural Center, The Seikoan Teahouse is another way to learn more about Japanese culture. Enjoy an authentic tea ceremony in one of the 3 tea rooms. The resource center and library is available for students or for anyone who wants to dig deeper into the study of Japanese people in Hawaii.
Ambassador Hotel – An Oahu Hotel is located near many of the top Honolulu Attractions like the Japanese Cultural Center.
Facts about the Japanese Cultural Center:
- The mission of the Japanese Cultural Center isn’t just to entertain visitors; it’s also to help those of Japanese heritage to better understand their culture.
- If you’re planning a small or large even in Honolulu, consider the Japanese Cultural Center. Space is available for 25-600 guests.
- Attend an authentic Japanese tea ceremony at the Seikōan Tea House.
- The Japanese Cultural Center sponsors several events each year. Check the list of events on their website to see if any coincide with your visit.
Tips for visiting the Japanese Cultural Center:
- Coming with a group? Enrich your visit with a tour! Tours are available for groups of five or more.
- The average visitor spends about 45 minutes exploring this Honolulu attraction.
- Plenty of parking is available.
- Visit the gift shop where you’ll find books for visitors of all ages.
View the other sections of our Oahu Visitors Guide for more ideas about how to spend your time during your stay at our Honolulu Hotel!
When you are ready to book your next visit to Oahu, see your latest Special Offers for our Guaranteed Best Rates!
See our Oahu Travel Blog for interesting articles about all there is to do, see and experience during your visit to Oahu.