Oahu Activities: Relax on Waikiki Beach
Relaxing on Waikiki Beach is one of the most popular Oahu Activities located within walking distance of our Waikiki Hotel.
Relaxing on Waikiki Beach is a popular Waikiki Activity, and once you see the beautiful white sand shores, it won’t take long for you to figure out why!
Relax on Waikiki Beach
Distance from Ambassador Hotel Waikiki Beach: A 4 minute walk
The white sand beaches of Waikiki were once a retreat for royalty, but today anyone can dig their toes into the sand and enjoy the sound of the water and the gorgeous Oahu weather. Guests at our Honolulu Hotel will find a long list of exciting activities to enjoy, but sometimes a good book and a beach chair is all you need to spend a relaxing day in paradise.
Waikiki Beach is world-famous, and people come from around the globe to see the clear water and enjoy the beauty of Waikiki and the rest of Oahu. Our Waikiki Hotel is within walking distance of Waikiki Beach, so our guests can just throw on their flip flops, take a short stroll and be ready to spend the day on this gorgeous beach.
Facts About Waikiki Beach:
- This is one of the most popular beaches in the world, and it brings in about $2 billion in tourism revenue each year.
- Waikiki Beach is comprised of four beaches: Duke Kahanamoku, For deRussy, Gray’s, and Kuhio.
- As many as 72,000 people visit Waikiki Beach on a single day.
- Waikiki was the birthplace of modern surfing, and you can see a statue of the Father of Modern Surfing, Duke Kahanamoku, nearby.
The white sand beaches of Waikiki were once a retreat for royalty, but today anyone can dig their toes into the sand and enjoy the sound of the water and the gorgeous Oahu weather.
Tips for Visiting Waikiki Beach:
- Many find that the shade of a palm tree is sufficient, but umbrellas are available for rent along with comfortable beach chairs.
- Other items available for rent include aqua cycles, snorkels and masks, body boards and fins, ocean kayaks, and standup paddleboards.
- Chairs and umbrellas are available hourly or all day, and rental discounts are often available for members of the military.
- Those who need an accessible solution while visiting the beach can take advantage of FREE beach wheelchair rental.
- If you arrive between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m., you’ll receive and early bird discount on rental rates.
- Several restaurants are located within walking distance of the beach, so you’ll find plenty of options at various price points.
View the other sections of our Oahu Visitors Guide for more ideas about how to spend your time during your stay at our Honolulu Hotel!
When you are ready to book your next visit to Oahu, see your latest Special Offers for our Guaranteed Best Rates!
See our Oahu Travel Blog for interesting articles about all there is to do, see and experience during your visit to Oahu.