Covid-19 Statement and Safety Measures
Last Updated: September 8, 2021
Full Vaccination required for all Ambassador Hotel Waikiki Associates, Guests and Patrons effective October 15, 2021
Ambassador Hotel Waikiki will require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for all associates, guests and patrons effective October 15, 2021. All new and existing hotel reservations will require guests staying on, or after October 15, 2021 to be fully vaccinated.
This policy is in an effort to ensure a safe, clean and inviting environment which is at the core of our commitment to providing the highest level of hospitality. Please see Vaccine FAQs for additional information.
The State of Hawaii Government Orders on Traveling to Hawaii
- Individuals fully vaccinated in the United States or its Territories may enter Hawaii on domestic flights without pre-travel testing/quarantine starting the 15th day after the completion of their vaccination. All other travelers must have their negative test results from a Trusted Testing and Travel Partner within 72-hours of departing on their last leg of their trip to Hawaii. Anyone without a negative test result PRIOR to departure must quarantine for 10 days upon arrival.
- Information may change at any time. Please visit gohawaii.com/travel-requirements or hawaiicovid19.com/travel and/or check official websites for the most current orders prior to your arrival.
V2 Safe Solutions:
Ambassador Hotel Waikiki has engaged V2 Safe Solutions, a Hawaii-based beginning to end pandemic management agency, to provide guests with a seamless experience to accurately and efficiently navigate through the Safe Travels Hawaii requirements. LEARN MORE
The City and County of Honolulu Orders Effective September 13, 2021
The City and County of Honolulu has issued an order declaring, customers wishing to enter Oahu restaurants, bars, gyms and other establishments will need to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test beginning September 13, 2021. See orders details here and visit oneoahu.org for additional information.
In response to this announcement, ‘Ambassador Hotel Waikiki has implemented a new mandatory policy requiring all associates, hotel guests and patrons to show proof of vaccination upon check-in, accessing the hotel’s facilities, dining outlets and event venues. This policy is in an effort to ensure a safe, clean and inviting environment which is at the core of our commitment to providing the highest level of hospitality.
What do I need to know once I'm in Hawaii? LEARN MORE
Be Well. Stay Well.
Keeping you safe begins with keeping our valued hotel associates safe. Our dedicated COVID-19 Task Force has developed a multi-pronged approach to health and well-being, which stresses cleanliness and hygiene standards and regular education and training.
Our associates are equipped to handle confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases among guests and colleagues. They also understand how to identify potential health risks and are committed to working together to strictly follow all safety and cleaning protocols, which are detailed below.
- Proper hand washing and other safety protocol trainings are conducted regularly. Guests are also encouraged to adhere to regular 20-second handwashing/sanitizing guidelines.
- COVID-19 policies and protocols available for all guests to review.
- Should a guest or staff member be diagnosed with COVID-19 after leaving the hotel, all guests and staff that were present at the same time will be notified. If a guest or staff member is diagnosed while staying with us, proper isolation protocols will be followed pursuant to CDC and WHO guidelines, and guests and staff will be notified.
- EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants are used to clean each guest room, with special attention paid to all high-touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, light switches, etc.).
- Your Room is Your Room. No hotel personnel enters your room during your stay without your permission. Ambassador Hotel Waikiki provides replenished amenities throughout your stay – including towels and linens – for those that do not wish staff to enter their rooms.
- Guests are encouraged to use mobile keys where available. In the event of key card usage, all guest keys are disinfected via UVC light treatment.
We utilize EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants throughout all public areas, including:
- Elevator cabs
- Public restrooms
- Pool areas
- Fitness center
- All high-touch public area surfaces such as handrails and door handles will be wiped down with EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are located in key areas throughout the hotel including hotel entrance, front desk, meeting room landings and elevator landings.
- Pool furniture is cleaned using EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants and covered with chaise lounge covers or other clear indication that cleaning has been completed.
Restaurants & Bars:
- Prior to opening each day, we employ EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants on all areas.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are placed at entry points.
- We provide no-touch table service adhering to safe social distancing guidelines.
- Digital menus are provided via QR code. Single use, disposable menus are also available.
- All shared items and food and beverage areas are sanitized after each use.
- No-touch in-room dining is served with sustainable disposable wares.
Meetings & Events:
- Prior to commencement of any meeting or event, EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants are utilized on all areas.
- No-touch table service is implemented to adhere to safe social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed at all entry points in meeting spaces.
- Breaks are staggered to minimize group sizes.
- Safety protocol reviews with meeting and event planner are conducted prior to any event to ensure adherence to our rigorous policies.