Visiting Oahu: 11 Free or Cheap Things to do on Oahu!
Oahu is not always expensive to enjoy. See our list of, ‘11 Free or Cheap Things to on Oahu’ and learn how you can spend a day or an afternoon on the island.
Our Oahu Visitors Blog presents interesting and informative articles to help you make the most of your time on Oahu.
This article, ‘11 Free or Cheap Things to do on Oahu’, presents just a few ideas for enjoying a day or an afternoon on Oahu while spending no money or very little money.
Please enjoy this list of, ‘11 Free or Cheap Things to do on Oahu:’
- Enjoy some of Oahu’s great local musical artists as they play at the various hotels and open-air plazas of Waikiki.
- Stop by Maunakea Street and browse the numerous Lei stands and watch how the beautiful, fragrant Lei are created by hand by the skilled artists.
- Climb to the top of Aloha Tower and look out over the harbor and downtown Honolulu. The Aloha Tower was the tallest building in Honolulu at one time.
- View the work of local artisans at the Art at the Zoo Fence along the fence of the Honolulu Zoo on Monsarrat Avenue, every Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Take an evening stroll along Waikiki Beach and enjoy the lights and music coming from the various hotel bars.
- Visit the Children’s Discovery Center in the Kakaako Waterfront Park, this center is 38,000 square-feet facility that attracts an estimated 200,000 visits from children each year.
- Enjoy a drink on the back patio of Moana Surfrider Hotel and stay for the spectacular sunset.*
- Listen to the Royal Hawaiian Band at Iolani Palace on Fridays 12:00 to 1:00 p.m., as well as many other open-air venues in Waikiki.
- On scheduled days, enjoy "Sunset on the Beach" where Queen's Surf Beach in beautiful Waikiki Beach turns into an outdoor movie theater, with live entertainment, food booths, and free movies under the stars.
- ‘Centerstage’ at Ala Moana Center hosts over 500 performances each year from authentic Hawaiian performers, Keiki (children) Hula dancers, chorale music, street dancing and even rock and roll.
- Get a Shave ice, or ice cream from one of the great shops on Kalakaua Avenue, by Restaurant Row and have a seat and enjoy the tropical weather and watch the world go by.*
*indicates a cost of $15 to $20 per person
There are many fun and exciting things to do, see and enjoy during a visit to Oahu, our article, ‘11 Free or Cheap Things to do on Oahu’ only touches on a few options. Check our Oahu Visitors Blog again to see more interesting and entertaining articles to make the most of your time on Oahu.
See our Oahu Visitors Guide for more recommendations on all there is to do, see and experience during your next visit to Oahu!
See our latest Special Offers for the Best Rates Guaranteed for our Oahu Hotel!